Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need halpe

Posted by drorbo 
need halpe
June 21, 2011 02:41PM
I have a CNC with FANUC controller dose someone knows if it can be used with the software of REPRAP when the fourth axis is used as exstroder?
dror
VDX
Re: need halpe
June 21, 2011 03:14PM
... i'm repstrapping an Isel-CNC-mill - best is to replace the processor board with a RepRap-electronic.

I use a Gen3 electronic (it's a Sanguino-motherboard and Extruder Controller) or an Arduino Mega with RAMPS, which both are configured to interface the stepper drivers and end-/reference-switches of the mill ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
June 21, 2011 03:36PM
thank you for the quick response but all of the mootors have encoders and i don't know how to conect them and the reprap electronic is not powerful
enough for the cnc mill i have.
June 21, 2011 05:44PM
You don't need to use the encoders for the machine to work. All your encoders are doing is creating feedback to the controller can use them

you can pretty much use any geko drive that will run the motors for your machine with ramps style electronics.

What model controller are you using? and do you have the service manual for the controller?
In the service manual you should be able to find the STEP and DIR connections.

If you have inputs for step and direction you can connect the CPU (arduino mega, sanguino....ect) to the input of your machine you can drive your steppers right from reprap host.
June 21, 2011 08:02PM
Your CNC might have servos.
June 21, 2011 11:14PM
My machine uses a fanuc M0 it's an old machine from 1982
VDX
June 22, 2011 01:52AM
... check first if you have steppermotors or servos ... if steppers, then search in the documentation how the motors are driven ... with some luck you will find two pins called CLOCK (or STEP) and DIR.

If the voltage level is TTL (or +5V), then you can connect directly to a reprap electronic.

If not, then you need an interface board for changing the voltage level.

If you have servos, then it's much more complicated as you need servo drivers with CLOCK/DIR inputs ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login