Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with even minor overhang

Posted by bdcannon 
Help with even minor overhang
June 21, 2011 10:38PM
Hi everyone,

I don't know if has the same problem as me but I'm having trouble printing even minor over hangs. My prusa completely over runs the perimeter by a little bit and then leaves a thread of plasting hanging free on the side. Any suggestions? I'm using skeinforge 40 for my interpreter btw.

Thanks
Re: Help with even minor overhang
June 22, 2011 01:46AM
Sounds like a possible calibration problem. If you print a hollow test square are the sides vertical? Sounds like it just stepping slightly to far

June 22, 2011 03:48AM
if you use skein forge, change the clip settings. clip allows for a tiny gap between lines it prevents bulging where the lines intersect. [wiki.bitsfrombytes.com]
June 22, 2011 05:44AM
Sounds like you are doing the infill before the outlines?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 22, 2011 06:07AM
reduce the width over height ratio in carve, that should do it.
June 22, 2011 06:08AM
I forgot to mention smaller layers in carve is better for this issue as well. If you aren't at .25 layers try that.
June 22, 2011 05:18PM
Thanks for all the responses guys. Yes I am doing the infill before the outlines. That was the default setting in skeinforge. Ill have to try otherwise when I get home from work.

I'll also tweak the carve settings. More on the matter later.
Thanks a lot guys.
June 23, 2011 02:55AM
Thanks for the advice guys. I did a little bit of everything and my overall print quality is much better smiling smiley couldn't be happier.

Thanks again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login