Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what is considered the most accurate reprap clone?

Posted by madprof 
what is considered the most accurate reprap clone?
June 23, 2011 06:17AM
HI all

Does anyone which of the reprap clones have the most accurate print (including name of head and supplier name)

Thanks
Re: what is considered the most accurate reprap clone?
June 23, 2011 09:57AM
i'm not certain what you mean by clones. if you want a mendel, i think it's designed for a .1 mm accuracy. I'm assuming darwin is the same.

But that is just a specification, and it really will depend much more on how you build it and calibrate it.

I think the Go! Up! printer is higher accuracy, but it not a "clone" of a reprap, and you don't build it yourself, not open sourced, proprietary software, etc etc etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2011 12:28PM by Buback.
June 23, 2011 10:12AM
Buback Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I think the Go! printer is higher accuracy, but it
> not a "clone" of a reprap, and you don't build it
> yourself, not open sourced, proprietary software,
> etc etc etc.

I assume you mean Up! instead of Go!

Otherwise, I agree with Buback, at this point,in this hobby, the quality depends more on your abilities than the printer's initial design. Not to mention how large/tall you want to print and from what material.
June 23, 2011 12:28PM
:-) oops i'll fix that
June 23, 2011 01:08PM
Thanks for the input.

I was looking into making a much more sturdier frame using 40mm aluminum. A really solid framework should reduce the wobble of straight lines. I know part of that is to do with the axis dc motors but does anyone know which is best, gear or direct drive and which company makes the most rigid parts.
June 23, 2011 03:09PM
I run an original Mendel and don't get wobbly straight lines, plastics came from mendel parts rest I sourced locally and I run an Adrians extruder on Nema 17 stepper motors with Gen 6 electrics

Click here to login