Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GRBL to Reprap converter

Posted by aytact 
GRBL to Reprap converter
September 08, 2023 07:41AM
Hi,

Is there any software which converts grbl to reprap gcode.

I have a laser machine which uses Duet3, but lightburn producing grbl compatible code.

If you know any application which converts could you share please?

Or could you suggest any application which I can use instead of lightburn.

Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2023 08:01AM by aytact.
VDX
Re: GRBL to Reprap converter
September 08, 2023 08:13AM
... first check the differences between your "brand" of GRBL and too, your "brand" of G-code ... it's mostly identical (same basics), but could differ in special M-codes and "newly added" G-codes for e.g. bed-levelling or such.

If there are only minor differences, then you can script your own "translator" without problems ... or even do this manually in a text editor by replacing/adding the specific sequences ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 08, 2023 08:16AM
create the device manually and selecting Marlin instead of GRBL-M3., will probably be closer than grbl..

[docs.lightburnsoftware.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2023 08:17AM by Dust.
September 09, 2023 03:26AM
Lighrburn and Duet/RepRapFirmware do work together. Configure Lightburn to generate G1 moves with the S parameter controlling laser power (this is also the configuration used by Smoothieware). If it's a laser engraver then in RRF 3.5 you can use up to 8 values in the S parameter of a single G1 command.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login