Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M955 - orientation question

Posted by mnowak7 
M955 - orientation question
January 05, 2024 01:50AM
Hi,

I have read the documentation [reprap.org], and I wonder if there is a bug in the doc.

"The I (orientation) parameter tells the firmware which of the 24 possible orientations the accelerometer chip is in relative to the printer axes. It is expressed as a 2-digit number. The first digit specifies which machine direction the Z axis of the accelerometer chip (usually the top face of the chip) faces, as follows: 0 = +X, 1 = +Y, 2 = +Z, 4 = -X, 5 = -Y, 6 = -Z. The second digit expresses which direction the X axis of the accelerometer chip faces, using the same code. If the accelerometer chip axes line up with the machine axis, the orientation is 21. This is the default orientation if no orientation has been specified."

So if the accelerometer and printer axis are aligned it should be 22 in the example instead of 21 or I just don't understand it correctly?

Best, Marcin
Re: M955 - orientation question
January 05, 2024 02:46AM
The text is wrong, if everything is aligned then the orientation parameter should be 20 not 21. Thanks for pointing this out.

I will correct the entry in the GCodes wiki page. The entry at [docs.duet3d.com] is already correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2024 02:51AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: M955 - orientation question
January 05, 2024 03:23AM
Thank you! Now it makes sense smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login