Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sumpod

Posted by duncanperham 
sumpod
August 30, 2011 05:59PM
retracted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2011 07:30AM by duncanperham.
Re: sumpod scam
August 30, 2011 06:15PM
I dunno, it looks to me like they're just late and slow. It's an Indiegogo project run by what seems to be two people, what did you expect? I'm sure you'll get your printer eventually.
none
August 30, 2011 06:23PM
Retracted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2011 07:31AM by duncanperham.
August 30, 2011 07:00PM
Well what do you want us to do about it? Honestly, I'd never even heard of this product before reading the thread you linked to, and I have to say the one who comes off poorly is you, not them. If it's true that you were banned from their forum, it's probably because you were rude and obnoxious to the seller's daughter. Badgering a merchant's family isn't generally the way I would recommend trying to get results when you feel you haven't gotten what you paid for. Have a little patience. Just calm down and I'm sure that it will all work out. You paid for a product, so you're getting a product. If the schedule isn't what was originally advertised and there have been irritating delays, that's unfortunate, but it's also a part of life, and an especially likely part of life when you're one of the first 25 people to buy a new and unproven DIY hobbyist kit from a family business/startup company.
none
August 30, 2011 07:11PM
retracted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2011 07:31AM by duncanperham.
sumpod
August 30, 2011 07:19PM
retracted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2011 07:32AM by duncanperham.
August 30, 2011 09:51PM
I can see two explanations. He may be overworked and finding out that he charged too little and will therefore get pennies for his time, and is therefore hypersensitive to suggestions that he is pulling one over on his customers. This seems to be a common ailment in the community. Products are over promised and under priced and then when demand is more than the seller can handle, delays pop up and people start complaining. Personally if I had just done 3 or 4 months of solid working like a dog and realized I wouldn't get anything from it, I might be a little oversensitive too. Also, if I were running a scam, I would bend over backwards to refund the money of anyone that was getting suspicious. The fact that he can't may indicate that he is legit, but not very well organized, or understaffed.

Or it may be a scam. Can't really tell one way or the other yet. It seems like there are people with machines now aren't there? I thought I saw some stuff on the forums. Maybe that was a different machine. In any case, "Is this a scam?" is not an innocent question, it's an accusation. "I'm starting to worry about getting my machine but I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt, can we speak in person?" is an innocent question. I haven't had any dealings with the guy, I've just seen the syndrome before. At least half the suppliers around here seem to have gone through the same types of issues. Some have lost credibility, and some have not. Most have stuck around and are still filling orders and shipping products.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2011 10:10PM by bryanandaimee.
sumpod
August 31, 2011 03:13AM
retracted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2011 07:32AM by duncanperham.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login