Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Worn out parts

Posted by kevinkline4124 
Worn out parts
September 04, 2011 06:36PM
I have been printing now for several weeks (a print or two a night) and it has occurred to me that I should print off some replacement parts so that I have them if anything were to break.

I was wondering what are the most common parts people have had fail on them if any. Right now I have a set of PLA Bushings printing and will probably do the z-carriages next as I over tightened a screw on one side and broke part of it. But besides that, I am not sure what other parts I should keep on hand.
Re: Worn out parts
September 04, 2011 10:26PM
just go through them a few at a time. If your print quality is decent, sell what you don't use smiling smiley

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
Re: Worn out parts
September 05, 2011 03:08AM
I have a original mendel and I made spare motor mounts, carriage parts and extruder parts as I figured they were the most likely to break. Now building a Prusa and have been making and selling Prusa parts here in NZ so always have enough laying around encase I break anything. I have created my own bushings instead of the standard ones with a capture nut in so they can be bolted on, see separate thread

Click here to login