Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adrian, Sally and Mendel, TV personalities!

Posted by murrayd 
Adrian, Sally and Mendel, TV personalities!
September 22, 2011 06:21AM
Happened to be working away with my own gadget and keeping an ear on Catalyst, the Australian ABC science show. The phrase "3D printing" attracted my attention, and there's Adrian demonstrating Mendel and explaining Reprap to Jonica Newby (isn't that the optimal name for a science reporter?). Adrian's daughter gives a case study of Reprap rescuing broken bits of her car (what sort of car is that, Adrian?) and Dr. Jonica prints up a souvenir of Bath, before she bounces to a commercial bureau in Oz, then back to Adrian and Bath. Good exposure, and I don't know if the ABC will let other areas of the globe view it, but there's a transcript anyway, here: [www.abc.net.au]
Re: Adrian, Sally and Mendel, TV personalities!
September 22, 2011 06:35AM
Good advertising for RepRap!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
September 22, 2011 08:29AM
Yeah, I happened to catch this too, while channel surfing tonight - a good story, well presented! It is available on ABC iView here: [www.abc.net.au] ("Catalyst" Series 12 Episode 31 - first broadcast 22 September 2011). I'm not sure if the ABC iView service is only available to Australian internet users or if it is available globally. The RepRap story begins at 0'34" and runs through to 8'15".

I confidently predict a sudden upsurge of interest from Australian viewers who will all want to get into RepRap now!

Follow my Mendel Prusa build here: [julianh72.blogspot.com]
September 22, 2011 08:53AM
I was able to access the original video link from Germany.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
September 22, 2011 12:10PM
Julianh72's link didn't work in the US.
rhmorrison's link did work in th US.

tnx.

ISTAR Scope Club
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login