Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing Prusa small gears

Posted by NelsonRap 
Printing Prusa small gears
September 24, 2011 11:39PM
Just done a forum search and can't find my exact problem.

When I try and print the 2 small gears for a Prusa I always end up with one tooth too big, both too fat and too long I believe this might be caused by ooze which I am still fighting with my Sells Mendel and V6 hot end from Mendel parts.

I have tried loops, perimeter, infill
and
perimeter, loops, infill and I still have the problem.

Any further advice, I am going to try a bigger retracts and maybe a negative number for the restart and see if that works

September 24, 2011 11:46PM
Mine turn out best with retract turned OFF and the travel speed really high. My lumps are caused by the extruder being in one place to long and retract causes it to be stationary for long enough to cause it. I also have to print four at a time instead of using cool.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Re: Printing Prusa small gears
September 25, 2011 12:05AM
Ok will give it a go in the morning

September 26, 2011 01:11AM
Turned off retract and put speed up and got a tapered gear, so put the speed back to normal speed and produced some nice new gears.

September 26, 2011 01:15AM
September 26, 2011 01:20AM
I did both but am happy with what I have achieved, I have a new problem though which I have just put in a new thread, which is affecting my large prints

September 26, 2011 09:51AM
If you turn on jitter it will vary the z move in a different location each time. This fixes the single location problem but kinda spreads it over the whole print. It would help you make a better gear in this case holding everything else the same.
November 01, 2011 06:30PM
Activating the "cool" feature in SFACT and pointing a fan at the print when it's printing the actual gear part helped me with this problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login