Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

weird host software behaviour: weird appendix after nozzle wipe (v 0.8.3)

Posted by ErikDeBruijn 
weird host software behaviour: weird appendix after nozzle wipe (v 0.8.3)
May 19, 2008 05:41PM
When I use the nozzle wipe function in the 0.8.3 host software I got a weird appendix to my objects:

This happens after returning from the nozzle wipe, just before the first outline. When it starts with the outline, it starts at a slightly off position at first. For different layers, the time to restore takes a different time (not with the objects in this photo, but I've seen it). At first I thought it was a communications error, because of the previous, but when I changed the NozzleWipeStroke to 0 (it was 15) the odd behaviour was gone.

This was also key to my first nearly-water-tight mini-mug. I had a quick toast because the contents were leaking out very slowly, but it was very good. Here I am, proud of this result!

Regards,

Erik de Bruijn
[Ultimaker.com] - [blog.erikdebruijn.nl]
Re: weird host software behaviour: weird appendix after nozzle wipe (v 0.8.3)
May 19, 2008 05:47PM
One more thing: Here's the time-lapse of the minimug build in HDPE. I extrude on plain MDF and use hair spray and sandpaper the adjust the stickyness. This works really well! The hair spray reduces stickyness (and so do previous prints) but sanding down a bit will increase the stickyness. As you'll see in the print is that it lets go at the last few layers, the print is good enough to toast on, however smiling smiley

Regards,

Erik de Bruijn
[Ultimaker.com] - [blog.erikdebruijn.nl]
Re: weird host software behaviour: weird appendix after nozzle wipe (v 0.8.3)
May 19, 2008 05:56PM
Congratulations, Erik! smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login