Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skeinview

Posted by Arthur 
Skeinview
November 06, 2008 07:11PM
Skeinview is simply displaying an empty gray box (rather than the slices/visuals). What do I need to get it going? -- put some files in specific locations?

I just installed all the skeinview stuff so am rather new to this. Thx for any help.
Re: Skeinview
November 06, 2008 07:52PM
Any error messages? I've found it only works for me when I run Skeinforge; after that I delete all the comments to keep comm speeds up, and Skeinview doesn't seem so happy when I try to view existing Gcode files.

Wade
November 06, 2008 08:26PM
oh, I found something... I moved the skeinview window and found the "up" "down" buttons and pressed them and it flipped through the layers. Ok, so I guess it works. That was cool yawning smiley)
keith
November 08, 2008 10:56AM
The builder's Wiki page for Skeinforge also covers skeinview. [objects.reprap.org]
November 08, 2008 02:25PM
I didn't even know there was a page about the old discontinued beanshell skeinforge, so I added a note about the old and the new which is reprinted below.

Cheers,
Enrique

The old skeinforge was a beanshell script used to output GCode from Art of Illusion.

IT IS DISCONTINUED.

Do not use the old beanshell skeinforge, instead use the new snazzy python skeinforge, described at:
[reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login