Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ReplicatorG Skeinforge settings not changing

Posted by Diecast dude 
ReplicatorG Skeinforge settings not changing
October 07, 2011 12:07AM
I have been running a Mendel with Makerbot Gen 3 Electronics for over a year. I have used RepilcatorG 23, 24 & 25 and tried all variants of Skienforge within Replicator G they all work but when I try to change the setting within Skeinforge to improve my prints nothing changes in the updated G code! I have taken to changing the G code directly in Replicator G to adjust temperature etc... however getting fed up with this workaround and would like to be able to update profiles to refine my prints. Anyone have any idea what might be going on?
Re: ReplicatorG Skeinforge settings not changing
October 07, 2011 12:22AM
I know this sounds silly, but are you clicking "save" at the bottom when your done?

It may be that you do not have permission to update the .csv files. (you could try and manually edit them)
Relicat.org
Profile Location

Skeinforge profiles are located in various locations, the ones shipped with ReplicatorG can be found in:
replicatorg/skein_engines/skeinforge-[VER]/skeinforge_application/profiles
replicatorg/skein_engines/skeinforge-[VER]/skeinforge_application/profiles-experimental

Duplicated profiles are saved to your home directory and will show up between different versions of ReplicatorG. This location varies depending on your operating system:
Windows - /Users/[USERNAME]/.replicatorg/sf_[VER]_profiles/
They are easy to edit and are laid out the same as in the skeinforge.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
October 07, 2011 10:07AM
If you are in linux try running with "sudo", which will give you write access to all directories. This will let you know if you need to actually find where you installed it and modify it for your normal user.
October 18, 2011 02:01AM
Thanks Sublime, I got it sorted with your help! I can now update settings in profile except temperature which is in a header *.TXT script which I have figured out how to update. I do not know much about programming etc... but this seemed a pretty odd way to set things up. I assumed wrongly that I could update the temperature from within Raft Skeinforge wheras I needed to do it in header txt script.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login