Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

gen6 troubles

Posted by matsciguy 
gen6 troubles
March 01, 2012 02:24PM
I finished building a prusa mendel from parts sourced from various people on ebay. I used gen6 electronics. I am having quite a bit of trouble now, trying to get it to do anything. The stock reprap host does not open if it is connected. I tried other hosts. So I installed pronterface, and it opens, but it won't connect to my reprap. My next step was to try reflashing the firmware so I downloaded marlin from mendel parts.com. Now when I follow the directions in the readme (copy sanguino folder from marlin directory into hardware directory of arduino 22, compile, upload) I get the following error:

avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

I figure this is probably some configuration error somewhere? Not using the correct upload protocol/port/something perhaps? Does anyone know how to fix this? I have a sp12 parallel port programmer if need be? should I use ISP instead? I tried to upload with avrdude also with no joy:

breandan@MycroftHolmes:/tmp/build2376209144108467875.tmp$ avrdude -p m644p -c avrisp -P /dev/ttyUSB1 -F -U flash:w:Marlin.cpp.hex
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude done. Thank you.

breandan@MycroftHolmes:/tmp/build2376209144108467875.tmp$

Someone please help?

Thanks

EDIT:
ok so I got impatient and just used an ISP programmer to reflash. That worked, but still no joy, not connecting, and now it's not powering up the steppers without being connected either. Trying replicatorg now and it keeps saying "GCode sent, waiting for response...."

OK, reflashed again with FiveD firmware for gen6, still no dice.

OK, reflashed with Sprinter, now working. My advice to everyone is use sprinter I guess?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 11:20AM by matsciguy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login