Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermoplast resist for etching PCB

Posted by Gyvven 
Thermoplast resist for etching PCB
March 19, 2013 01:37PM
Since before I finished my RepRap I've been interested in using it to print the traces on a board and etch my own PCBs. The Wiki doesn't have a lot of information and the forum has none that I can find. Has anyone had good success with this and what process do you use?

Is it fairly simple to convert a Gerber file, or any other PCB software file, into an STL that I can use to print 1 or 2 layers onto the copper?

I've done laser toner transfer in the past but I think this may be a better way of doing double sided PCBs.

Thanks,
Gyv
VDX
Re: Thermoplast resist for etching PCB
March 20, 2013 06:53AM
... I'm outline-milling my PCB's, but did light-curing and laser-engraving etch-resistant coatings previously.

A good methode is buying PCB's with photo-resist and cure it with a BluRay-UV-diodelaser or UV-LED with a focussed spot fine enough (and/or attached optical fiber).

With higher powered diodelasers (>100mW) you can coat clean copper with black paint and engrave the coating - then you'll etch the freed areas, also inverted to the UV-curing methode ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Re: Thermoplast resist for etching PCB
March 25, 2013 03:38PM
Hello Gyv,
Found application which can convert Gerber file to STL file, check this link
[www.numericalinnovations.com]

PCB assembly cost
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login