Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 Arduino Mega 2560 Scripting software

Posted by Justinjjhcs1 
Ramps 1.4 Arduino Mega 2560 Scripting software
October 25, 2012 02:02PM
HELP!??
New to all this, still need to Build my First Controller for my Rep Rap System but I decided to get my Electronics and Motors First... I need to Know what Scripting you Add to the Basic that you first Program your Aaduino with.
the Uploader comes free but what do I add for an Prusa Mendel. I am Assuming ReplicatorG or Sli3r adds the right script but with a 8Kb Memory capacity no dought that is limitedeye rolling smiley
so what scripts do I add to the Basic so I can just Plug and Play?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I am going to buy the Full kit of electronics. they say it comes Preloaded so you can just plug and Play from GADGETS 3D from Hong Kong... they will sell you ALL your electronics for $200.00CND WOW!!! not Including the stepper Motors.
Other then the Scripts what Else do I need to know???

I want to have this as a Backup incase I get a Crash or need to replace there Arduino Opensource Knockoff.

I was told where I could get the script but I lost the Paper I wrote it down on and Got here by Looking up Rep Rap online.
Re: Ramps 1.4 Arduino Mega 2560 Scripting software
October 26, 2012 05:52AM

electronics for $200.00CND

A bit pricey, isn't it?

In general, RepRap controllers are equipped with an interpreter for G-code. G-code is the language which talk CNC milling machines and lathes, too. This G-code isn't stored on the controller it's self, it's sent from the PC to the printer as needed. It doesn't matter wether the controller's RAM is 4k or 8k, 1 - 2k are sufficient.

The controller software is generally recognized as "firmware" here. So watching out for "RepRap firmware" will show you what's available: Teacup firmware, Marlin firmware, Repetier firmware, etc.

Once you have this firmware in your controller, you can use Pronterface or a plain serial terminal to connect to it. And at this point it probably becomes boring without motors smiling smiley

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

November 18, 2012 02:45AM
Traumflug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> electronics for $200.00CND
>
> A bit pricey, isn't it?
>
For what it comes with its not bad. Real Mega, RAMPS sheild, stepper drivers w heat sink,mk2a heated bed w thermistor,LCD and sd for headless use and all cables with Merlin loaded and tested. Opps,forgot mention mechanical endstops..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2012 02:59AM by vegasloki.
November 18, 2012 08:49PM
thanks for the Linksspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I would like to ask How you set a Rep Rap so that you get good Prints without having to Play for 56Hours with the Firmware settings. and Waste PLA doing itangry smiley
Also do you install the thermester tables as well From Arduino what do you install in the way of .h code and what can you forget I bought a board without an SDHS expander just the Bare Bones Pins and this Board did not even come with jumpers... I think this guy is selling it because he got an All in one Board and he payed some Money for the RAMPS 1.4... Frankly I am going to Fill all the Pin Holes on the Ramps 1.4 as soon as I can... and Battery Pack and Controlscreen the board as soon as I can... Because once I build Myself an Upgraded Mendel Ill Donate this one to Protospace and Make it so It cannot be Effed with. and Fix it when it needs fixing... they are a local Hacker space... but everyone Complains because there is only an Old Cupcake to make parts on...... there is a SDL file on thingieverse there 90% of the Parts are Printed out.
November 19, 2012 04:42AM

so that you get good Prints without having to Play for 56Hours with the Firmware settings

Buy a commercial machine. Honestly. If you can't afford to understand and calibrate your printer, RepRap isn't the best option for you.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

March 06, 2013 09:41AM
I want get the atmega2560pin map .... Who can help me.
VDX
March 06, 2013 09:50AM
... why not reading the basics: [arduino.cc]

... the map sheet: [arduino.cc]

... and the datasheet: [www.atmel.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2013 09:52AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 31, 2013 08:25PM
that is not what he askied you....... You may code all night, We Do no,t I just have some Ideas I want to try out and cannot Devote 10 Hours a Night playing with the Firmware. I do currently have my Persa Mendel working but I still need to tweek my settings. My current problem is not being able to upload any changes to my Arduino Mega 2560 I suspect this IS because I bought a Cheat Chinese Arduino Mega and a Good RAMPS 4.1 Shield also my Controlers are Cheap ones but they work. the System is working and Printing Decent I did try unplugging the Arduino from the RAMPS shield still nothing I suspect my Arduino Boot loader is corrupted... also the copies of sprinter that I have gotten ahold of Will no longer compile and Upload they all give me a Script error involving the SDcardreader scripting but this NEVER came up before when I tryed to Compile and Upload... did someone change it so It would Screw up unless you know how to Code and Fix an obvious Error?
If so Coders going to Alienate your supporters.
April 20, 2013 11:56AM
What is your operating system, and what version of Python do you have installed? Win 7 has far less issues than XP, conversly, the newer python - 3.x is unsupported, you need 2.x.
November 27, 2013 02:20PM
I too am having issues with the coding part. The Marlin software that i use was corrupted by me accidentally when I first got it. Then I uploaded the correct script for the prontface software I am currently trying out. The error I am getting is related to SD card not being recognized. Any way of posting correct changes already done ? Would greatly help . Thank you.
April 17, 2020 03:04PM
I have since fixed this issue by using older Marlin Firmware and installing the proper pin library for the Display... all problems seem to disappear when I installed a Version of sprinter that had support from my display...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login