Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

error loading GCode_Interpreter

Posted by pingiscoolest 
error loading GCode_Interpreter
February 25, 2009 09:47PM
I have mostly built a RepStrap system and am now working on the software part. I wish to program the Arduino to talk GCode. I downloaded all the necessary files according to the tutorial and put them in the required folders. I am using Arduino IDE 0010 as the tutorial said was required. when I open the file GCode_Interpreter only five tabs show up instead of the 8 that should appear, and I get an error message in the lower box that says:

error while loading code pins
error while loading code extruder
error while loading code parameters

the only tabs that show up are GCode_Interpreter, ThermistorTable.h, extruder, process_string, and stepper_control. All of these tabs have the correct code in them as far as I can tell. I have tried redownloading the files but that doesn't work. I am running Ubuntu Linux 8.10 Intrepid Ibex if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance.
Re: error loading GCode_Interpreter
February 25, 2009 09:49PM
Heres a screenshot of the Arduino IDE if that helps anyone.
February 25, 2009 10:25PM
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe I should have posted this in the software section.........dunno too late now

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes my Avatar is My RepStrap.....Isn't it pretty

For the latest Updates check my main site [www.repstrap.weebly.com] or my blog [www.pingiscoolest.blogspot.com].
emt
February 26, 2009 04:33AM
Hi

Did you miss this step in the instructons?

"Copy the files extruder.h.dist, parameters.h.dist and pins.h.dist to extruder.h, parameters.h and pins.h. These are your local copies that you will configure to your particular RepRap machine."

Regards

Ian
February 26, 2009 08:53AM
No I did that. I copied the files so they are also in the GCode_Interpreter file, should I have cut and pasted them so they were only in the pins.h, extruder.h and parameters.h files?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

For the latest Updates check my main site [www.repstrap.weebly.com] or my blog [www.pingiscoolest.blogspot.com].
emt
February 26, 2009 12:28PM
You did actually change the names when you copied? They don't show in your screen shot. I use Windows so it might be different but I replicated your problem using the download and then fixed the problem by renaming the files from ????.h.dist to ????.h ie deleting the .dist

Regards

Ian
February 26, 2009 06:58PM
No I didn't do that I'll try that now.
February 26, 2009 07:47PM
OK renaming them while they were in there folders didn't work but when I took them out of thier folder and put them in the GCode_Interpreter folder it worked. Who knows why, maybe something weird with Ubuntu. I had tried before but didn't rename the files. I dunno but it works now! THANKS IAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login