Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

will iduino work as motherboard?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
will iduino work as motherboard?
April 17, 2009 01:46AM
hiho,

new to reprap and new to arduino technology (I have played around with the pic16xxx and basicx, but that is about it), I would like to know if the iduino from wulfden

[www.wulfden.org]

will work ok to control a repstrap, I am going for low budget right now, and this is about the cheapest I have found so far. My understanding is that which ever arduino variant I use I will have to get a usb to serial converter. Since this is built in to the iduino, the only thing I would need is a usb cable (which I already have) to get the iduino working off the PC. Of course I will need to provide external power to power the motors and sensors.

Thanks,
Alchemistdagger
Re: will iduino work as motherboard?
April 17, 2009 01:40PM
Hi alchemistdagger

Most of the arduino boards will work in some fashion, it just depends on if you are able to handle the differences in mapping pins, fitting programs like the g-code interpreter in the memory space, etc.

Though the further afield you go from the main reference hardware the less people will be able to help you, though given my experience on here they will still cheerfully try to pitch in.

The question is how much you value your time for; when there are lots of other complexities to master?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login