Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Electronics to run three extruders without addon board or funky firmware mods?

Posted by Phizinza 
Electronics to run three extruders without addon board or funky firmware mods?
October 23, 2013 12:08AM
Hi,

Is there electronics out there that can run 6 steppers for XYZ and three extruders? Without needing to mod it?

Thanks!
Re: Electronics to run three extruders without addon board or funky firmware mods?
October 24, 2013 05:25AM
The reason no one has answered this so far is that there really aren't any good options. Your best bet is probably to build your own RAMPS with extra space for stepper controllers. Otherwise, you're going to have to use add-on boards. Either way, you'll have to mod the firmware.
Re: Electronics to run three extruders without addon board or funky firmware mods?
October 24, 2013 02:05PM
There's RUMBA, and I am sure some others. There was a roundup in RepRap Magazine vol 2.

I can't speak about software support, but I would guess it's there.
October 24, 2013 04:57PM
Thanks, that looks like a pretty comprehensive setup and quite well priced too.
October 24, 2013 06:13PM
Megatronics 2.0 was another one.

If you wanted something a bit more bleeding edge there are some other boards for Arduino Due in the development, and soon I will have a 6 stepper expansion board. Will take a while for firmware to catch up though.
October 28, 2013 09:54AM
Okay, so there are a few. Then I don't know why no one replied earlier.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login