Anonymous User
endstop opto-sensor
June 16, 2007 12:53PM
I was looking for an opto-sensor in Mouser's catalog that was compatible with the one currently sourced from Farnell. Didn't find any good matches, although there was one you might be able to mount on the opposite side of the board if you bent a few pins.

The majority of these sensors have a two-pin phototransistor/photodarlington output. The one we specify has a three-pin open-collector output. The three-pin versions are a lot harder to find, and they're a bit more expensive too.

I don't know much about these sensors. Can someone explain why we chose the sensor we did? The only big difference I see is the three-pin sensors have a schmitt trigger built in, but a lot of the PIC's inputs are ST so I'm not sure that explains it.

I also saw the note on the universal controller board instructions: "R7 and R8 allow the use of non-standard opto-switches and are usually not needed; replace them with wire jumpers." What's this non-standard type of switch?
Re: endstop opto-sensor
June 16, 2007 05:11PM
I believe that this part number is what you're looking for: 512-H21LOI

Heres a direct link: [www.mouser.com]

Also, i'm a big fan of [www.octopart.com] it makes searching through all the various electronics distributors so much easier.
Anonymous User
June 16, 2007 05:53PM
Er... yeah, that's exactly it. Did a bunch of seraches and I only saw the H21A & H21B parts. All these fancy search engines and I can't find it without a 2" thick paper catalog. Thanks.
June 16, 2007 06:35PM
no worries... i couldn't find the simplest female header the other day. many eyes make mouser catalogs shallow winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login