Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RADDS RepRap Arduino-Due Driver Shield (32bit)

Posted by angelo 
Re: RADDS RepRap Arduino-Due Driver Shield (32bit)
November 25, 2014 10:19AM
rdm128
Angelo,

Thanks for your help in getting the RADDS board. It is working extremely well on BobC's Marlin spin. This thing makes my delta fly!

I've built several custom 3DR's. The one with the RADDS board uses a 300mm Heat bed w/ DRV8825 stepper drivers.

I have tried multiple times to get repetier 0.92 running on the board with no luck. It compiles and installs perfectly. It acts like it's getting cross talk between the pins (since Marlin is working fine with the exact same wiring, cross-talk is very unlikely). As soon as I enable the steppers, everything starts moving in a stuttering fashion prior to any command. I've walked through pins.h multiple times and threw in the towel. I'm good with running Marlin.

Next step is trying to get my full graphic lcd running. I have completed the wiring and verified everything twice. The SD Card, encoder, and beeper are all working fine. My LCD lights up, but displays nothing. I've tried editing ui.h to force the correct display type and told it to use the settings from pins.h for the lcd pinout, but to no avail.

Has anyone gotten the Due to run the full graphic display (through a 3.3V -> 5V converter)? Is this something you would be willing to help me out with? I can forward some of my failed attempts.

Thanks for the great board! Once I get the LCD running, next step is some LED strips in my extrusions for bling factor.

RDM128

I would also be very interested in getting that display working still to try it though!

Doug
November 27, 2014 03:31AM
Hi rdm128 ,
hi Doug,

the Fullgraphic-Display ist very slow (reaction...), but it is working in most Installations.
I have not make it, but the reprapers told me, that it is only nessesary to adapt the cables and adapt it in the pins.h (repetier).

I would like to ask again for an Howto, For Marlin i have no expirience, sorry.

Please look this:
[www.dr-henschke.de]
(external SD Card , Lcd and Encoder)

For Inspiration:
[www.dr-henschke.de]

Here the Pins for the FGD:
[reprap.org]

Have Fun.
Angelo

Mein Club: [hackerspace-ffm.de]
RADDS-Shield -> Commercial [max3dshop.org]
December 04, 2014 03:44AM
Are the pcb files not available?
March 24, 2015 02:09AM
Hi
Are these boards available for sale ??
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login