Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

plotter

Posted by dissidence 
plotter
January 14, 2010 08:46PM
i have found a dead plotter that i friend had at his work, and he will give it to me, i was wondering what other parts besides the steppers motors, at least i hope they are steppers they used in it, is there any other parts i should be looking for.?

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Re: plotter
January 14, 2010 09:16PM
you could potentially use the entire X-Y carriage plus electronics as-is if your hackery is good.

failing that, look out for guide rods, bearings, toothed belt and matching cogs, stepper driver chips on the main board, opto interruptors, maybe an encoder or two?
January 14, 2010 09:20PM
it is a bigger unit so i do not think i can use it has is, but good point i didn't think of the encoders, it would be great if i could use some of the drivers from it

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
January 14, 2010 09:56PM
when rep-strapping, use whatever you have available- what does it matter if the carriage is bigger than you need?
January 15, 2010 02:20PM
I've fixed alot of so called "dead" plotters, and often it is something simple like a blown optoswitch or buldging power capacitor. You might want to give it a good once over to see what the problem is, then fix the problem, then you will know which parts are working for any electronics hacking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login