Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet heated bed max current

Posted by UkIan 
Duet heated bed max current
November 08, 2014 06:49PM
How much current is the heated bed allowed at 12v when controlled by a duet board?

Cheers
Ian
Re: Duet heated bed max current
November 09, 2014 05:59AM
The standard bed on the Ormerod (which uses the Duet) takes about 10A. I wouldn't go much higher than that because of the size of the 12V terminals and PCB traces. There is an output on the Duet called EXT FET to allow you to drive an external heated bed mosfet or SSR.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 09, 2014 06:15AM
Perfect. I'm building a heated bed, which currently draws quite a bit, so I'll look at the Extfet pins. Is there any documentation for the DUET, I don't even know how you configure it or access the web interface when you turn it on. I know how to access web interfaces, but things like if it requires a default user/password or port, that sort of thing. Do I need to update the firmware to switch the EXTFET pin, or does it do it by default?

Thanks
Ian
November 09, 2014 04:24PM
Borrowed the Omerod build manual to read up a little on the electronics, all seems sensible so far smiling smiley

Just need to know if I need to configure the EXTFET FOR the heated bed now smiling smiley

ta
November 10, 2014 03:04AM
The EXT FET output is connected in parallel with the drive to the internal mosfet, so no need for any firmware changes if you use it.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 10, 2014 03:21AM
Excellent, thanks, I think I'm going to switch my current machine over to it and see how it goes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login