Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need a crimp tool

Posted by Ryan_M 
Need a crimp tool
November 08, 2014 11:11PM
I need to get a crimp tool for the small header connectors and I need to know what I need. I don't know if these connectors have a style number or part number to single out a required tool. Just need to know what I'm looking for.
Re: Need a crimp tool
November 09, 2014 05:47AM
This one [www.ebay.co.uk] is inexpensive and suitable.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 09, 2014 12:51PM
Im in same boat. Thats a good price ive seen them at 3 times the price.
Ill grab one as well.

Gordon
November 09, 2014 01:35PM
I've been doing a lot of searching on this and watching (poorly focused!) you tube vids and all the small connectors regardless of style or manufacturer (Molex, Amp, TE, etc) seem to use the same die shape in the tool, just the size is different. Is that correct?
November 09, 2014 05:21PM
It should have a "w"like profile.
I use what im told are called japanese connectors when working on my motorcycle and the die is exactly the same just bigger.
The smallest crimp on that ratcheted tool is small enough for the pc molex power connectors but not small enough for those
tiny dupont ones to fit the pins on the controller boards.
This tool should have the same "w" die shape but be a degree smaller.

Ive ordered one myself now. I should have it by tuesday.
If you want confirmation it fits contact me directly later in the week and illhave found out by then.

Gordon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2014 05:23PM by gordonendersby.
November 09, 2014 06:16PM
I finally found out these are called D-sub compression tools. I ordered myself a Engineer PA-09. Thanks for the help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2014 06:17PM by Ryan_M.
November 10, 2014 01:11PM
It's a bit late now, but if you live in the states stop in at most Radio Shacks and get this tool (Model: 276-1595) Works great for all the pin crimps I've ever done.
November 11, 2014 07:18AM
Got the crimp tool today and it does the job.
The jaws are changeable. The two anvils cover the pc molex power supply size crimps and the smaller pin size crimps.
It does a reasonable crimp. I couldnt pull the wires out.
It feels heavy and solid. All the hinges are tight its not sloppy or misaligned.
I dont know if it would survive in a profesional environment but its certainly good enough for my use.
Especially at that price.

Gordon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login