Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to connect the sync lines

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
how to connect the sync lines
August 27, 2007 11:23AM
hi,
I am wondering how to connect the sync lines of the stepper-boards (I am using v1.1). there should be some information in the wiki, but I don't find it sad smiley

I tried to connect the same pin of each board, but then the window of the stepper exerciser doesn't pop up. only when I disconnect them.

x,y and z are working without the sync connected. but when I try the "Line Test" then only one axis is moving, so I think I have to connect the sync-lines, but how?

andreas
Anonymous User
Re: how to connect the sync lines
September 12, 2007 01:58PM
Andreas,

I have just been looking at the PIC firmware.
The only sync line that is currently used is connected to pin 18 (RA1) of the processor. All of the RA1 sync lines should be wired together. Each board should have a 47K pullup resistor (R11) for RA1 and R10 for RA3 (pin 2 of the processor) though the latter does not appear to be used. It sounds like something is grounding your sync lines. The way sync is supposed to work is that all the boards read the line as an input. If it is high they are free to move their respective motor. If however a diagonal (X,Y just to keep it simple) is required then the first motor required to move uses sync as an output and drives it low all other motors now wait until sync is allowed to go high.

Best,

Dan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2007 07:24PM by Dan Putman.
Anonymous User
Re: how to connect the sync lines
September 16, 2007 07:06AM
hi dan,

thank you very much for the infos. I will try it again and if necessary search for the grounding.

best
andreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login