Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rambo 1.3L Problems Can't Auto Tune Hotbed , As Well As Others

Posted by Kasahabo 
Rambo 1.3L Problems Can't Auto Tune Hotbed , As Well As Others
May 02, 2015 12:00AM
I have a Rostock Max V2 Printer With Rambo 1.3L Control. The firmware is Repetier (not sure what version). I will describe some changes that have been made. They may not be related to my problems but may help with diagnosis.
The printer was in working order when I purchased it used. In my possesion the printer was on at idle about 20 to 30 hours, actual printing time maybe 3 to 4 hours. Then I noticed the hotend was not heating properly. One resistor had burned up.

First the changes. Replaced hot end resistors, they were bad. After doing this the power supply would overload and have to be turned off and back on in order to get power back to the printer. This problem was random and intermitent. I asumed that something was now wrong with the old power supply. I am now running a 24 vdc power supply to the hot bed and steppers. the logic, fans, and heaters are being run from the same 24 vdc power supply to a dc to dc transformer that is set to reduce the the volatge to 12 volts.

Here a couple of problems I am now having. Please keep in mind that I was not experiencing the following duiring my first hours uf use.

Sorry, the first one is kind of wordy. Not sure how else to best describe what is happening
1. I am using Matter Control (printer control software) whith this I am able create macro buttons to aid in calibrating my rostock. The X,Y, and Z buttons move the end effector toward the XY, or Z tower to specified destination in the machines X,Y or Z axis. The Bed Center button moves the end effector to the center of the bed and to aspecified Zaxis point. Aslo I have added a Home All button. While recalibrating the machine (I have done this before with no problem). After pressing the XY or Z macro button and waiting for printer to stop then pressing the Bed Center macro button the printer moves to the XY or Z destination that it was at previously. Example pressing the Z macro button, printer moves to Z tower after motion has stopped I press the Bed Center macro button the printer heads back towards the Z tower macro destination. The Home All Macro will clear this error. The Home Towers button on the LCD seems to clear this as well.

2 Another problem is not being able to auto calibrate the heat bed or send temperature adjustments thru g code. I am still able to turn on and make adjustments with the LCD.

Any thoughts on either problem are appreciated. To me somehow they are related.

Thank you for your patience in getting thru all of this.
Re: Rambo 1.3L Problems Can't Auto Tune Hotbed , As Well As Others
May 08, 2015 02:18AM
Here is what I did to fix the problem with Matter Control. It is more of a start over than a fix. For a while I was assuming there was an issue with the Rambo Control. Then I realized that I sould try a different 3d pritner controller. I chose Pronterface. Created a few macros andthings worked as exfected. I then decided to uninstall and reinstall Matter Control. My origional macro buttons were still there. Not being a computer guru, I asked for some help from a technical support person at Matter Control. The following are instructions that will clear the old macros and possibly other things. I did not have very much invested in the set so I was not concerned. Here is the response and instructions from them that helped clear up the problem.
I hope some one finds this as useful as I have.

"While I can't exactly determine what the issue that caused the macros to stop working, I think we can get your macros working again by clearing the application's data. The application data is stored in a folder separate from the program files, which is why uninstalling and reinstalling the program did not make a difference and all your settings were still there afterward. Follow the instructions for your operating system:

Windows: Delete the MatterControl folder in C:/Users/%Username%/AppData/Local/ (AppData may be hidden)
Mac OS X and Linux: Delete the MatterControl folder at ~/.local/share/ (.local may be hidden)"

The AppData file was hidden and I had to change to change my computer settings to allow it to be shown. Also the macro buttons had to be reprogrammed as described in the Rostock Max Manual. Now I did delete the AppData file before reinstalling. I did lose any work that I had been done previously. You may be ale to avoid this if you are more careful and experienced than I. I did not have mush to lose. But now things are working properly and that is what I was after.

As far as the heated bed issue I am thinking it is something I was doing wrong more than anything else.

Good Luck!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login