Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile


Can you identify this connector?

Posted by fullHundo 
Can you identify this connector?
May 31, 2017 07:27PM
I just got a new e3d hot end with a titan extruder, and I'm excited! But...both the fan and the thermistor come with this new easy snap on connector (on left side of photo), and they only provided one extension cable (the thing I am holding on the right of the photo) to connect to them. I need to find out what this connector is specifically called so that I can make a second extension cable.

I'm assuming it's a type of DuPont connector, but it is not the standard type used to connect to the controller, it's some kind of extender-type.

Any suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2017 07:28PM by fullHundo.
Re: Can you identify this connector?
May 31, 2017 10:04PM
Looks the same as what older makergear hotends have

blatantly stolen from [www.summet.com]

The female connector (with the bump) is a Molex 0436450200 (DigiKey part number WM1845-ND).
The male connector (with the hook that catches the bump) is a Molex 0436400201 Digi-Key part number WM1855-ND
You will also need the associated female and male crimp connectors for the internal contacts: Molex 43030-001 tin 20-24 guage wire (DigiKey part: WM1837CT-ND CONN TERM FEMALE 20-24AWG TIN) and Molex 43031-007 tin 20-24 gauge wire male terminal (DigiKey Part: WM1841-ND WM1841-ND CONN TERM MALE 20-24AWG TIN)
Re: Can you identify this connector?
May 31, 2017 10:49PM
That's the best response I could have hoped for, thank you! You saved me a lot of time. I'm finding that information on connectors is a bit more scarce than I expected.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login