Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Electric motor supplies

Posted by Charley 
Electric motor supplies
January 13, 2008 09:31PM
Hey!

Just starting a robot now, and I was wondering... Is there any chance in heck of getting like... 25 small motors for less than $30-$40? What's the most powerful motor I can get for this price range?

Thanks for helping a complete newb smiling smiley

-Charley
Re: Electric motor supplies
January 14, 2008 10:16AM
Charley,

1. yes, you can get motors that cheap. Most toys with motors use CHEAPO motors like that.

2. not very powerful. you'll need to look around and google 'bulk dc motor' and 'toy motor' and 'hobby motor' and the like, but you can definitely find them.
January 14, 2008 08:26PM
Mouser and other electronics companies sell "grab bags" of motors where you just get a bunch of random small motors for a low price. just look around. I think radioshack does the same thing.

Jay
January 15, 2008 12:56AM
By the way, you may want to clarify a bit, we've assumed you mean small DC motors for hobby/toy use, with no ideas about your shaft size, power, mounting holes, etc requirements*?

btw, you in Toronto? Just go to Active Surplus.

Online, have you looked at
[www.surpluscenter.com]

*All typical questions on a first date, for some people. :p
January 16, 2008 06:50PM
First, thanks for the advice and quick replies smiling smiley smiling smiley

And for the requirements... I'm not sure yet. The whole thing is still in concept mode, and it's my first time trying anything of the sort so, for example, I don't even know what shaft size means... sad smiley

I have checked out Active Surplus though - they had a bunch of motors, but wasn't sure what to pick exactly.

Though Active SUrplus doesn't have electronic stuff (chips etc) - is there a good source in that area for chips and diodes and stuff?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login