Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS GEN L V1.0 - TFT 32 - PWC V2.0 issue: while slicer connect PWC switch off

Posted by BelloRiccoFamoso 
Hi friends
if someone can help me i will apreciate it!
first of all sorry for my bad english
i have a Tevo Flash printer with some hardware upgrade:
ti the stock MKS GEN V1.0 i added the touchscreen MKS TFT 32 V3.0 and the power control PWC V2.0.
I had correctly modified config.h setting "POWER_SUPPLY 2" and in pins_RAMPS.h set PS_ON_PIN 6"
All work well, i press switch and after 2 secs i release and all work, printer print, printer comunicate with tft etc etc
When i connect printer to pc trought USB, all ok
When i press CONNECT on any slicer i have, (usually SLICER3D) PWC switch off but hte usb cambe give fortunately the power to tel printer stay on, and magically pwc re-switch on immediately after 1 second.
I don't know why pwc switch off and same i don't know why pwsc switch on back.
After it nothing change from a normal conenction and i'm able to print for hours.
Why i notice it? Because i connected Raspberry and the 5V for it arive directly from a second 220V-5V switching connected from the same PWC.
When i try connect 3d printer from octoprint , PWC as usual cut off line, and of course raspberry to, and in this situation all lockdown. Finish
So i can't use raspberry if it is under same pwc.
Why happen this?
Someone had same issue?
Seem MBotherboard MKS GEN L V1.0 send a wrong command to pwc and switch off, but why do it?

The problem is not on TFT because i tried disconnect it and the problem is the same.
If i can't solve i can't use raspberry ...
Who had similar experience?
thanks in advance
Enrico
From Octoprint logo i read this quen i press CONNECT:

Connecting to: /dev/ttyUSB0
Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Opening serial port"
Connected to: Serial(port='/dev/ttyUSB0', baudrate=250000, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=10.0, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False), starting monitor
Changing monitoring state from "Opening serial port" to "Connecting"
Send: N0 M110 N0*125

and when there is "connecting to : /dev/ttyUSB0 the printer switch off!!!!
can someone help me? can i change this? Can i leave it ON while connecting?
I have to change something in Marlin?
Re: MKS GEN L V1.0 - TFT 32 - PWC V2.0 issue: while slicer connect PWC switch off
April 24, 2020 05:40AM
When you connect to some boards, they reset, this would turn power off then back on again.

If you looks at [github.com]
page 9, the usb to serial interface when the dtr lines goes low, the board resets.

I would remove c15 to disable this

but this is also how the firmware updating works.. It resets the board to run the boot loader. Without this you cannot update the firmware without manually holding down reset.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login