Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

stl files missing?

Posted by satchid 
stl files missing?
May 01, 2008 09:02AM
Dear all,

I am Willy from Ghent Belgium and am admiring the RIPRAP for its philosophy and simplicity.
Now I want to start with making one, but I do not find the stl files in the below zip file: reprap-mcwire-cartesian-bot-1.2.1.zip.

I have already build a normal CNC machine (Fixed table) in MDF with XYZ and A axis. I would like to cut the necessary parts for the reprap on that.

Could You please lead me in the direction of the stl files or 3d drawings in DXF

Willy
Re: stl files missing?
May 02, 2008 04:15PM
The files for mcwire are on sourceforge at:
[sourceforge.net]
May 02, 2008 06:56PM
Dear Cris,

Thank you for your trying to help, but I still did not found the 3d stl files in that link that you have send me. There are allot dxf files, I can, open the DXF files and they would be OK for making the G code. the only thing that is missing on the drawings is the thickness of the parts.
I downloaded the file from the link that you have supplied.
Besides, there are allot of parts missing in this download. Like corner pieces, , diagonal pieces, gears, etc etc.

Thank you again,

Willy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2008 07:01PM by satchid.
May 05, 2008 07:29AM
McWire cartesian bot is a pipe based design, not a printed design so you do not have STL files with this one. For the Darwin--the on with corner pieces, diagonal pieces, and so forth--you can't mill most of those pieces. Your best bet is to either order them from Bits from Bytes or make a McWire out of pipe from a hardware store.

Demented
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login