Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alternate motor sources?

Posted by SOI Sentinel 
Alternate motor sources?
July 07, 2007 11:54PM
I know not everyone is thrilled with the Farnell steppers, especially state side. I poked around a bit and ran across Anaheim Automation.

[www.anaheimautomation.com]

Anyone ever look into their capabilities? They list the prices for some stepper models right on their web site and it seems competitive. I'm personally interested in their BLDC motors.

I also ran across LIN Engineering, who seem to be perhaps rebranding the NANOTEC motors (or could it be the other way?). Some part number components are similar at least.

[www.linengineering.com]

Perhaps more interesting...

[www.linengineering.com]
Re: Alternate motor sources?
July 08, 2007 10:15AM
those lin engineering ones look good. the 0.45 ones may be overkill and/or too pricey, but i'd like to find out their prices on the 0.9 ones, as well as if they have a dual shaft output feature as well. if so, they may get lucky and become our preferred US stepper supplier!
Anonymous User
July 10, 2007 06:46AM
I have Lin engineering 5618 motor. It has no rear shaft for the Z axis, Wky couldn't I use extra long bolts and mount the shaft side up?
July 10, 2007 12:12PM
Last I checked, Zach's plan is to mount his single-shaft Z motor shaft-side-up with extra long bolts. In other words, you're not the only one contemplating this.
July 10, 2007 05:57PM
yeah, this is definitely a flaw in the design. i'd love to see it fixed before v1.0. we'll see though.
July 16, 2007 06:06AM
The geometry of the corner bracket means that motor must be mounted above the corner bracket (vertical hole diameters to house
January 24, 2008 06:24PM
These motors look pretty good, has anyone looked into the price?
January 25, 2008 10:25AM
Not sure, we did find a very nice 200 step motor that the RRRF now sells for $25. full specs on site: [store.rrrf.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login