Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mk7 Direct Drive to E3d V6 Groove Mount

Posted by gamma1148 
Mk7 Direct Drive to E3d V6 Groove Mount
November 24, 2015 11:51AM
Hi Everyone-
I have a GEEETECH I3Pro Kit printer with an 1.75MM all-metal MK7 direct drive extruder and a no name j head hot end. The hot end has failed and I am unable to get it functional (hot plastic is leaking out of every hole). I've been trying to Macgyver a fix unsuccessfully.

I have ordered and received an E3D V6 hot end. The problem I have is that it is groove mount, and I have no way to mount it. I know what the answer is, print a mount holder, but I do not have the ability to print, and to be honest I haven't found a good simple design for a mount that works with the all metal direct drive mk7.

I know one solution would be to buy a parts kit for a wade extruder and rework everything from scratch. I'm not adverse to doing that, but I really like the direct drive mk7 and would hate to lose that functionality long term.

Does anyone have any suggestions for either of my problems?

Thanks in advance!
-Gamma1148
Re: Mk7 Direct Drive to E3d V6 Groove Mount
November 24, 2015 12:11PM
I'm not sure what your setup is, but would something like this help you? E3D groove mounting plate

If so, I'm sure you could make one yourself, if you have a drill, a few files and some 6mm thick material.
November 24, 2015 01:23PM
So basically bolt that directly to the bottom of my current rig and let the filament flow directly into the top of the E3d? That might work!
Thanks!
-Gamma1148
November 24, 2015 03:00PM
By "filament flow" I hope that you mean "the extruder pushes the filament down into the top of the E3D"! And the answer is yes, that's the way it works. For 3mm filament it can just go from the extruder to the E3D, but for 1.75mm you might need a bit of ptfe tube to link the two.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login