Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heat but no temperature reading!

Posted by Rico 
Heat but no temperature reading!
December 13, 2011 05:47PM
Hi,
I am running kliment-Sprinter-2550e6c and I am having an issue with the thermistor reading with the host. The problem is that there is none. The hot end just continues heat up. I know that the thermistor works. I have already tried to transfer the the table values for that model, but still nothing. Can you please help me get it reading?

Cheers,
Rico
Re: Heat but no temperature reading!
January 09, 2012 12:08AM
I had the same problem.

You have to make sure that your pins.h file looks as below. (Don't uncomment anything)

// uncomment one of the following lines for RAMPS v1.3 or v1.0, comment both for v1.2 or 1.1
// #define RAMPS_V_1_3
// #define RAMPS_V_1_0

I read somewhere that I had to set things here to make it work but that is not true.
Leave the pins.h alone and just make sure that your motherboard is set it to 33 in your Sprinter Config.h file as shown below.

//// The following define selects which electronics board you have. Please choose the one that matches your setup
// MEGA/RAMPS up to 1.2 = 3,
// RAMPS 1.3 = 33
// Gen6 = 5,
// Sanguinololu up to 1.1 = 6
// Sanguinololu 1.2 and above = 62
// Teensylu (at90usb) = 8
// Gen 3 Plus = 21
// gen 3 Monolithic Electronics = 22
// Gen3 PLUS for TechZone Gen3 Remix Motherboard = 23
#define MOTHERBOARD 33

That should do it.

Windcatcher
Re: Heat but no temperature reading!
February 04, 2012 07:30AM
I have a similar problem.

I am using kliment-Sprinter-012855c

It reads 69 degress with the hotend off, if I turn it on it heats up, temperature reading stops at 130 degrees but the temperature of the hotend, just keep going up.

I tried not to touch the pin tab as Windcatcher suggested, but it is still not working.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login