Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin won't compile with Gen 6

Posted by Vortex87 
Marlin won't compile with Gen 6
August 09, 2012 01:06AM
So I currently have sprinter working well on my Prusa. Hearing many rave reviews of the Marlin firmware, I thought an upgrade was in order. Obviously, I went through the config.h folder and selected my correct electronics, (which requires tools-->sanguino to be selected in the arduino environment).

When I went to compile the firmware prior to upload, I recieved the error:

FORCE_INLINE void print(const String &s)

this was highlighted in yellow under the MarlinSerial.h tab in Arduino

In the brown error box is said, [expected ',' or '...' before '&' token]

I googled this error message and received no results. In my search to troubleshoot this error I attempted to compile under a different electronics set. The zip I downloaded from GitHub was already set on the Ultimaker electronics, when I selected the ArduinoMega2560 under the tools, this compiled beautifully. Likewise when I selected RAMPS, this also worked fine.

I already configured my Arduino enviroment for the Sangiuno, this was necessary to compile Sprinter successfully before. So after much frustration in attempting to improve my RepRap software, I humbly ask for your help.
Re: Marlin won't compile with Gen 6
August 09, 2012 10:42AM
I had the same problem last night trying to update my Gen6 board.
August 11, 2012 10:52AM
Turns out Marlin wont compile on the newer versions of Arduino. I used Arduino 0018 from the older software packs on mendel-parts.com and it compiled without any errors.
August 12, 2012 06:03AM
Do you guys use an RepRap-enriched library updated for Arduino 1.0/1.0.1? Gen7 Arduino IDE Support 2.0 (click on "view raw") is one and should work with other electronics/firmwares, too.

Please, add this piece of information to the manual you've read, I somewhat start to feel like a broken record smiling smiley

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

August 13, 2012 09:48PM
Traumflug
Do you guys use an RepRap-enriched library updated for Arduino 1.0/1.0.1? Gen7 Arduino IDE Support 2.0 (click on "view raw") is one and should work with other electronics/firmwares, too.

I added Gen7 to my arduino/hardware directory but it did not fix the compile errors. I tried selecting some of the gen7 boards but it tells me to select Sanguino.
August 14, 2012 04:15AM
A Gen7 with 644P at 16 MHz matches the Sanguino, so this choice should silence the warning.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

September 18, 2012 11:51AM
I am still having trouble with this. I selected the board above which cleared up the errors when I compile, but now the upload hangs. I can upload fine using 0018, but 1.0.1 never completes. Any ideas?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login