Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin, Dual Extruders and LCD Panel

Posted by spaceman 
Marlin, Dual Extruders and LCD Panel
September 02, 2012 08:42AM
We are switching over a machine (closely resembling a Makerbot Thing-O-Matic) to Ramps 1.4 with LCD panel like THIS ONE. I've been thru the firmware and understand where to set all the pins for the second extruder and most everything on the LCD works. What I can't seem to get is the second extruder temp/set temp to display on the LCD. Does anyone know how? Has anyone got this to work?

TIA
Re: Marlin, Dual Extruders and LCD Panel
September 08, 2012 07:33AM
A follow up:
How do I set the steps per mm for additional extruders? Do I add them in the configuration file here:

// default settings

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {78.7402,78.7402,200*8/3,760*1.1,SECOND EXTRUDER STEPS PER MM} // default steps per unit for ultimaker
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 5, 45,SECOND EXTRUDER FEEDRATE} // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {9000,9000,100,10000,SECOND EXTRUDER ACCEL} // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 3000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 3000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for r retracts

I don't see anywhere that this would work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login