Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem compiling Marlin - claims variables are not defined

Posted by oskarbjo 
Problem compiling Marlin - claims variables are not defined
November 29, 2013 07:02PM
Hello!
I've got a reprap huxley machine that has been working just fine until recently when I managed to short circuit the hot end temp sensor with the heater - and therefore managed to burn the analog pin conected to the thermistor... I've read that you can modify the firmware into using one of the unused pins that are already connected to the external headers on the melzi board. I've managed to compile and upload programs to the chip so far, but when I try to compile the Marlin program, it just tells me that "'DIDR2 was not defined in this scope". Any ideas about this? I've uncommented the right lines in Configuration.h and I have not tried to change the pin number yet - still won't work. Help would be very appreciated!

regards
oskarbjo
Re: Problem compiling Marlin - claims variables are not defined
November 30, 2013 06:28AM
Marlin developers are not in this forum, unfortunately. Opening a Github issue might give more answers.

... and mentioning which type of electronics you have is always a good idea.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

November 30, 2013 08:30AM
Well all right, thanks for telling me.

Anyway, I am running a Melzi V2.0 with an Atmega 1284p. Pretty sure that this does not have to do with my problem though since it is the Arduino IDE that won't compile the Marlin firmware. Can anyone provide me with an older version of Marlin? Would like to try it out to see if I encounter the same problem...

I'll ask at Github aswell and return here if I get any answers.
A2
November 30, 2013 11:10PM
@ Traumflug

Where do the Marlin developers hangout?
I'm considering the SmootieBoard, and I imagine that I will need some guidance converting Marlin to work with it.
Tks.
December 01, 2013 05:28AM
Marlin won't run on the Smoothieboard, because this board comes with an ARM CPU.

A2
December 01, 2013 05:49AM
@ Traumflug

I understand that Marlin firmware won't work as it is on a SmoothieBoard.
I was on the SmoothieBoard IRC channel, and I was told that I could recode the Marlin firmware to work.

FYI: I'm not a programmer so I'm unsure what terms to use. That said they told me to make some kind of request? for help to make the transition.
I think they have Repetier working on the SmoothieBoard, so I think it can be done, but I don't know...

I would like to get in touch with the Marlin developers to learn more.

Tks.
December 02, 2013 05:42AM
SmoothieBoard has a firmware already, "Smoothie" firmware. Teacup is ported to ARM already. No urgent need to port Marlin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login