Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prints not centering in Y

Posted by ambiguousphoton 
Prints not centering in Y
December 18, 2011 12:03PM
Hi everyone,
I am super close to having a fully functional prusa mendel but I have been having an issue with centering that I haven't been able to figure out.

By default when I press the home button, my printer goes to the lower left of my print surface. I am defining back as where my Y motor is, so when I press +X my print head goes right and +Y causes my print bed to come toward me. When I press print, the hot end centers itself in the X but not the Y. This causes all sorts of issues because since I am at the bottom part of my print bed stuff starts getting cut off. Someone in IRC was nice enough to tell me about the multiply tab where I can change where the center is. The center X and Y are at 100 by default so I changed the center Y to 50 and it definitely helped. The problem is that it still doesn't center the pieces on my print bed so if I do something on the bigger side it still clips on the bottom of the print bed. If I just reduce the center Y to 0, which mathematically would center it since when it was at 100 it was actually at the bottom edge, the print gets really confused.

Is there a good way to fix this? I thought it might be a swapped direction, but my end stop is by my motor and when I press -Y it eventually engages the endstop and stops moving just like the other axis. From what I can tell, I set this up just like repraplogphase videos on youtube.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2011 12:04PM by ambiguousphoton.
Re: Prints not centering in Y
December 18, 2011 04:29PM
You need to set the center at x=100 and y=100 in the multiply tab.
December 18, 2011 05:52PM
Sorry I wasn't clear, when I had both set as 100 initially it wasn't centering in the Y which is why I started tinkering with the Y setting. Thanks for your help!

Update: I actually just realized that there is a difference in where it centers based on the print. When I printed this tower:
[www.thingiverse.com]
using X, Y = 100 it worked fine but when I print this spool holder it freaks out and doesn't center it:
[www.thingiverse.com]

Weird right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2011 08:34PM by ambiguousphoton.
December 19, 2011 02:59AM
What version of Skeinforge are you using?

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
December 19, 2011 11:30AM
Hi there,
I am using Printrun b2e4c73 and SFACT v42.4.1 (11.09.15). Sorry I am not exactly sure what version of SF but I just downloaded SFACT in the past few weeks so it should be up to date.
Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login