Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Generating Prusa mendel plates

Posted by brnrd 
Generating Prusa mendel plates
December 30, 2011 09:03AM
I wanted to remove some parts from the Prusa iteration 2 Mendel lm8uu plates and I got rendering errors in most of the files. For example, when rendering the x-end-motor.stl in mendel-plate-1, I get the following errors:
ERROR: Illegal polygonal object - make sure all polygons are defined with the same winding order. Skipping affected object.

I found a workaround by using Meslab to remove the unwanted parts and resaving the STL files but it would be nice to make it work in Openscad also.
Re: Generating Prusa mendel plates
December 31, 2011 08:06PM
I ran into the same issue, I suspect that there's an older version of OpenSCAD that works, but the latest one doesn't like to import it's own work.

Looking through the sources, it appears that there are many places where the subtractive geometry is exactly the same size as the additive geometry, which can cause those kinds of errors.
Re: Generating Prusa mendel plates
January 23, 2012 02:37PM
I know you seem to be looking at creating the plates from the scad files, but plater.py in pronterface can build plates from stls fairly easily. The scad issue is avoidable provided you have the stl files and dont need to change anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login