Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa 2 bearing guides

Posted by RepRapRaj83 
Prusa 2 bearing guides
April 12, 2012 06:59AM
Hi everyone,

Hope all are progressing well with their RepRap shenanigans smiling smiley.

You may know, you may not but for those who are having trouble with their Prusa bearing guides, here's a tip which may help.

I have found that the inner rail is sometimes up to .75mm smaller than expected after they are printed. i have checked the outer dimensions of my rail and they are accurate within 0.15mm. Anyways...

In order to get a 22mm bearing into the inner railing, place the plastic part into a cup of hot water and this should give enough flexibility for the part to be pushed in.

BE CAREFUL! hot water and fingers are not the best of friends. Be quick and don't do it near your printer other electrical devices etc...

I have only tried this with a PLA part but it worked out great, saved me a lot of time which i would have spent sanding the inside of it.

On a different note, does anyone know were a wades big gear can be found which has an accurate bolt recess? the one on the download is about 1mm short flat-to-flat and more so on the diagonal measurement. Im having to melt the sides back with a soldering iron to get them to fit. It works but If there's something out there....

Thanks

Raj
Re: Prusa 2 bearing guides
April 21, 2012 06:03PM
Great tip!

As far as the wades gear goes, I had the same problem, from my understanding there is a metric and empirial version of the wades gear to fit the proper metric or empirial bolt. You may have ended up with the wrong combination.

Check out my Build blog: [arduinoblog11.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login