Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Prusa Startup - Problem with Y Axis

Posted by elschlicko 
First Prusa Startup - Problem with Y Axis
April 01, 2013 02:08PM
Hi together,

I'm new in this forum and this is my first post, because I have a problem with the Y axis.
I built a Prusa and now started up the first time.
My setup:
- Prusa
- Arduino Mega 2560 with Ramps 1.3
- Sprinter firmware and Pronterface

I tested each axis/stepper motor with each motor driver and everythink worked fine.
X and Z axis worked fine from the beginning, Extruder also works now with Pronterface (with Replicatorg it didn't work).
Opto endstops are ok, heating is working.

The only problem I have is the Y axis. Moving it to the rear sometimes, moving to the front never works (but there is a sound from the motor). I already tried to increase current on the motor driver. When I connect it to X axis on Ramps it works without problems.

Is it a problem in the firmware? Or should I take a closer look to Arduino/Ramps?

Hopefully I gave all necessary infos, otherwise please let me know.

Cheers,
elschlicko
Re: First Prusa Startup - Problem with Y Axis
April 01, 2013 08:16PM
Plug the X axis motor connector on the Ramps board into the "Y" connector and test Y again. This should confirm that the Y output is faulty.If so, try re-inserting the pololu chip on "Y". Next, check the ramps board for solder splash, weak joints etc.
April 02, 2013 03:49AM
Ok, I connected X motor to Y connector again and it didn't work with different motor drivers (it works in + direction, but in - it doesn't move). I measured the enable and direction signal with a multimeter and they are ok.
I also checked Ramps and resoldered a few pins.

Is it possible to check the step signal of the Pololu anyhow (without oscilloscope)?

Cheers
April 02, 2013 05:48AM
Hey,

thanky for your support. I found the mistake, was just my stupidity. I mixed up endstops in firmware. I changed it and now everything works fine.

Rgds,
elschlicko
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login