Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa I3 box frame - Y axis attachment

Posted by felipe 
Prusa I3 box frame - Y axis attachment
March 07, 2014 07:55PM
Hello,
I am building the Prusa I3 box frame. This is my first attempt to build a 3D printer.
I didn't notice in the directions that the bottom pannel has to be 3mm above the ground. That is, my bottom pannel is touching the ground.
Because of that, my Y axis brackets don't fit correctly (they will rise the whole frame in 3mm).
Would you suggest to unscrew the bottom pannel and to put it in the right position? (which I guess it wouldn't be good for the wood). Or it would be ok like it is and just amend the brackets to fit correctly (drilling them to make the hole where the threated rod goes bigger). I think that it is better the second option, but I just wonder if there is any problem having the bottom pannel touching the ground.

Thank you very much

Felipe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2014 09:34PM by felipe.
Re: Prusa I3 box frame - Y axis attachment
March 08, 2014 01:24PM
I'm currently having this same problem, only my base actually is 3mm off the ground, and the brackets still dont fit.

In the end I probably won't even use the brackets

Mine is made of MDF, so I'll probably take two pieces that I can glue to the base and create a "slot" in each that I can sit the threaded rods in.

If there's one thing I've learned while trying to build this thing, it's that pretty much anything goes. Doesn't really matter how you fix it so long as it's sturdy and stable.
Re: Prusa I3 box frame - Y axis attachment
April 01, 2014 12:30PM
Thank you Spencer,
I think you are right, it doesn't really matter how you fix it.
I used a similar solution than yours and it seems that it worked well
thanks again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login