Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multiple head support

Posted by Nil Einne 
Multiple head support
December 02, 2012 11:00AM
Hi,

I've been interested in the RepRap for a while (started during Darwin days) but cost/funds has been putting me off. Over the past few months I started to look more closely again and although it's not the cheapest option Mendel derivatives still seem to be of most interest to me.

Anyway one of the things I'm partially waiting out for since first reinvestigating a few months ago, is multiple heads, e.g. as promised by RepRapPro Mendel. (I live in NZ so getting more parts in can be difficult or expensive even with a fairly active RepRap community.) I just saw the recent demonstration of multiple colour printing so it looks like this may not be far off for that, but has anyone heard more on when they're likely to start shipping? (I guess it won't be to next year.)

Assuming I don't wait, does anyone know how much more difficult it's likely to be to add multiple heads to one of the other Mendels, say a recent generation Prusa or MendelMax?

Cheers

P.S. Of course I expect the Rostock or some other Deltabot will take over 6 months after I buy my Mendel :-P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login