Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just finished MendelMax build from kit. What now???confused smiley

Posted by acuralegendz 
Just finished MendelMax build from kit. What now???confused smiley
December 16, 2012 07:31PM
So I bought this kit a week ago [www.3dprintertek.com] and I just finished it tonight. I have tested moving the 3 axis with the lcd controller and they appear to be functioning correctly. I guess my question is how do I set up the printer now for my first print. I'm new to 3d printers but am very familiar with computers and software. I can try and answer any questions regarding what this kit has. The seller of the kit has preloaded the board and also "calibrated it".
Re: Just finished MendelMax build from kit. What now???confused smiley
December 17, 2012 06:18PM
Got mine completed. Now I need to get my bed level. There were a few hangups, the assembly videos that were made for the kit were a bit off as I had received some newer parts. After flipping some of the motor connectors and figuring out where the end stop connections were I'm now able to "home" all three axis. It will extrude but all i have is abs untill the other 3 rolls arrive. I tried a test print but the abs just curls and never gets stuck to the bed. Im sure this is because the bed is not level and my temps arent dialed in yet. All in all I'm very satisfied with the kit. Now I just have to get it to print!!!

Here's a link to my blog which has pics [www.rcgroups.com]
December 22, 2012 10:01AM
does it have a heated bed?
because if it does not abs normal has problems sticking
December 22, 2012 10:20AM
Yes it has a heated bed. I was able to get the first layer to stick by lowering my z axis and wiping the bed with acetone and abs dissolved in it. Second layer wasn't successful. Extruded was at 230 and bed was 120.
January 03, 2013 06:33PM
acuralegendz

I have the same kit but I am a little confused on mounting the extruder. The reason I am confused is because the platform has captured nuts where the extruder mounts and the extruder head has captured nuts. Could you post a close up of the head and how it is mounted? A pic from the bottom would also help, if you are able to.
January 03, 2013 06:36PM
At work, as soon as I get home I will. Update: I have started printing with PLA and it works. Heres a few videos of it printing.
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
January 03, 2013 08:04PM
January 03, 2013 08:13PM
That actually helped me see what was going on. Thanks I really appreciate it.
January 03, 2013 08:16PM
No problem. What plastic will you be printing with?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login