Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder clogged

Posted by spiritofstlouis49 
Extruder clogged
March 04, 2013 05:21AM
Hello All
I am a real newbie in the world of 3D printing

I just built a Reprap Mendel and I use Ponterface soft with original configuration
I just perform a short test by running a print and after few second the nozzle gets clogged
I now where is the problem: the fan on the hot head is not running
When I turn the logic board on the fan runs around 1 sec
So I guess the wiring is correct
If the cooling is not present the warm rises up to the filament guide
So the PLA starts to melt behind the radiator
As the temp here is quite high ... I am quite worry about the hot head bracket as it is built with PLA as well
So I stopped everything and let it cool down

I have the feeling the problem is located in the GCode or in the Ponterface setting but I do not know where

Thanks for your help
Re: Extruder clogged
March 04, 2013 05:35AM
Search your gcode (it's only an ASCII file) for either "M106 S0" or "M107".
If it is there then check your startup gcode and any options having to do with FAN in your gcode generator.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
March 04, 2013 11:52AM
In my setup, I have a 25mm fan mounted on my X carriage. This fan is not RAMPS-controlled; I have a separate manual switch and I basically always have it in the ON position. This is because the need to disturb the air around the J-Head is independent of the need for cooling the print.

To do the latter, I have other larger fans mounted to the printer frame, and these are controlled by the RAMPS. This setup has worked well for me.
March 16, 2013 12:13PM
On the reprappro mendel the fan it's powered by the main 12v input on the electronics so when the power is on the fan is running.

Ben
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login