Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best Prusa i3 Kit

Posted by andrewupandabout 
Best Prusa i3 Kit
March 27, 2013 10:02PM
Looking to begin sourcing Prusa i3 Kits with CNC/Laser Cut Aluminum for the Single Sheet Frame Style.

I've researched Thingiverse with favorable options/ideas but wanted to ask here in case people have other likes/dislikes and advantages/disadvantages of particular builds.

Residing in the US.

Regards,

Andrew
www.3dhacker.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2013 10:06PM by andrewupandabout.
Re: Best Prusa i3 Kit
March 28, 2013 01:13PM
There is so many variations where to start, I am starting the single aluminium using the the file on the github i wanted to make it from scratch apart from the frame, so depends on which path you take
March 29, 2013 06:14PM
@chriss

Right, I just put another 2 hours into researching a Prusa i3 haha.

Let me know how yours turns out!

Andrew
March 31, 2013 10:21AM
ive recently cut out an i3 frame out of 1/4" aluminum on the cnc, similiar to twelvepro's style with the back braces but modified for m10 threaded rod on the y axis. i also upgraded some of the printed parts to 1/8" aluminum parts, the only printed parts are the x carriage, x motor bracket, x idler bearing bracket, the heated bed lm8uu holders, and the endstops. i am the US and can make more, would any one be interested? id be asking 200$ for the frame and 50$ for the aluminum upgrades. i used the printed parts from alkarny on ebay.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login