Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extrude too much or blocked nozzle?

Posted by hugo411 
extrude too much or blocked nozzle?
April 24, 2013 05:23PM
Hi, i still have a problem with my prusa mendel, i attached a picture of a gear i did, which i stopped before it became messy.
You can see there is plastic chip everywhere, I noticed when i extrude, it will still drop a lot after it finish turning the gear. I tried all temperatures 210-230. I tried lower the feedrate, doesn't help. When the tip travel on the bed, it drop more plastic and it mess up. Thanks for help
Attachments:
open | download - photo (1).JPG (461.8 KB)
Re: extrude too much or blocked nozzle?
April 24, 2013 05:47PM
Hugo411,
If that is PLA then the temp should be more like 185
Good luck
Myles
April 24, 2013 06:51PM
it is ABS
April 24, 2013 09:08PM
It's somewhat normal for plastic to ooze out after you manually extrude. It's taken into consideration when the gcode is being executed and is extruding. When it is moving and NOT extruding is when retraction comes into play. Are you using any retraction? Retraction settings are set in your slicer. What slicer are you using?

Also, I can't quite tell from the picture, but it looks like you could be dropping y steps. It looks to me like the second layer is shifted to the left - especially in the teardrop shapes. Culprits for step loss: current level is too low from your y Axis stepper driver, or your Y axis belt is too loose, or your Y axis pulley is slipping on the stepper axle.
April 25, 2013 05:08AM
Difficult to judge because of the angle your camera was placed when you took the picture but it certainly looks like your X or Y (or both) axes need to be accurately calibrated - the gears are much wider in the X direction than the Y. Again, could be camera angle but worth checking.
April 25, 2013 09:56AM
Hey, you guys are right, my belt was too loose, it is fine now.
But my main problem still there. For my retraction settings, i have the one by default in Repetier. (i don't know them by heart i am at the office).

thanks
April 25, 2013 02:54PM
I'm not sure if you're talking about Repetier Host or Repetier firmware, but check the retraction settings in your slicer. Your slicer produces the gcode that compensates for retraction up front. Your firmware really can't do too much about it.
April 25, 2013 06:23PM
I am talking about Slicer sorry in Repetier Host, i didn't touch retraction settings, there they are :

Length : 1mm
Lift Z : 0mm
Speed : 30mm/s
Extra length on restart : 0 mm
Minimum travail after retraction : 2mm
Retract on layer change : checked

What should i change in order to test?
Length or speed?

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login