Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

J-head wobbles

Posted by Zangetsu57 
J-head wobbles
September 24, 2013 10:45PM
Hello everyone,

I have a J-head Mk V-B, mounted to my Greg's Wade Extruder Reloaded using an aluminum mounting plate from hotends.com (https://www.hotends.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=81). Overall the setup works great, but I've noticed that there is some "front-back" wobble in the head after it heats up. This results in some deformations in the print when the head changes directions. I think the wobble is where it connects to the extruder, not within the aluminum mount itself. I've bolted it down to the extruder very tightly and used blue loctite where the nuts meet the socket head screws. If the aluminum mount had 4 holes instead of 2 it would be a non-issue.

Can anyone think of a way to remedy the issue, or perhaps recommend a different hotend? I'm currently using a 0.5mm nozzle, but am considering going down to 0.35mm to get a bit better accuracy since I'd like to print smaller parts more accurately. And on that topic, is there a low-cost solution available that allows one to easily swap nozzle sizes without z-axis re-calibration?
Re: J-head wobbles
September 25, 2013 01:51AM
Hi,
The J head mkv and the Greg's reloaded match made in haven , I don't see why you need the Ali plate in yr setup. Can't you insert the j head into the extruder doing away with the plate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login