Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error:0 MINTEMP triggered !

Posted by TheYang 
Error:0 MINTEMP triggered !
September 27, 2013 08:17AM
Hi, i've just built by first 3D Printer, a Prusa Mendel i3 kit purchased at charlies 3d technologies.

unfortunately i'm getting:

Error:0
: Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
Errortongue sticking out smileyrinter stopped due to errors.

in Pronterface.

Checking the temp returns:

ok T:0.0 /0.0 B:0.0 /0.0 T0:0.0 /0.0 @:0 B@:0

which i find even more confusing, because getting no feedback (i assume everything on zero means there is no feedback) isn't "ok" winking smiley

the kit is using RAMPS 1.4, i'm on the marlin v1 firmware and the "ready to run" version of pronterface

i've tried exchanging the hot-end-thermistor, (there was a spare) to no avail, anyone got an idea what's wrong?

/e: mesured the resistance of the thermistor at 103Ohm (Hot-End), 104Ohm (Heated Bed) and 104Ohm (Spare)
the Hot-End Thermistor is on T0 and Heated Bed Thermistor on T1 of the RAMPS

/e2: Firmware Sprinter "fixed" the issue for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2013 11:08AM by TheYang.
Re: Error:0 MINTEMP triggered !
September 30, 2013 08:56PM
Tells me that either your thermistor is broken, a broken wire or a poor connection. Use a mutimeter and measure the resistance is the temperature probe leads to confirm.
October 02, 2013 03:14AM
Also, check that you've selected thermistor type 1 in the Marlin configuration.h file. The default was 0 and this will have the same effect as you are seeing.

jaydmdigital Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tells me that either your thermistor is broken, a
> broken wire or a poor connection. Use a mutimeter
> and measure the resistance is the temperature
> probe leads to confirm.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
October 02, 2013 05:04PM
I have had this problem and here is the fix if you still want to use Marlin that sometimes help:

1. Try resetting the RAMPS board.

2. As jaydmdigital said, sometimes the connections between the RAMPS 1.4 and the thermistor plug is loose. Try unplugging both of the thermistors and then plug them back in again. BTW, the Hotend thermistor goes into the T0 port and the Heatbed goes into the T1 port.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login