Re: My extruder keeps stripping the filament inside, WHY???
February 09, 2014 01:41PM
I just emailed Colin from Makerfarm about the oozing plastic and he thought either the PTFE sleeve inside has failed or the brass wasn't tight enough. I took it apart and it was so tight that it cracked my black cylinder. I'll be seeing him later today to buy another one, but at least I get to clean my brass head and can rule out it being clogged and the PTFE liner as my problem.
February 09, 2014 05:26PM
FIXED!!!

While at Colin's house we found the PTFE sleeve inside my black tube was charred from heat and use. He says about once a year he replaces this piece. We took it out of the black tube and couldn't run a straight piece of filament through it by hand, it kept binding up in the end that was visible black/charred.

I put everything back together and it's printing perfectly now.
February 09, 2014 07:13PM
MatlsDoc
Vetteguy,
I've started having the same problem with the same setup, except I have the magma hot end with the 0.4mm nozzle. I think we have a blockage of some kind. I've noticed that there is ABS squeezing out between the extruder barrel and nozzle on my setup, which doesn't seem good. Anyone else experienced this?

Doc
MatlsDoc
Vetteguy,
I've started having the same problem with the same setup, except I have the magma hot end with the 0.4mm nozzle. I think we have a blockage of some kind. I've noticed that there is ABS squeezing out between the extruder barrel and nozzle on my setup, which doesn't seem good. Anyone else experienced this?

Doc

I talked to Colin about your problem and he thinks you might have the fan hooked up incorrectly. He said most people make the mistake of hooking up the fan to the Ramps board. I guess the fan needs to be hooked to the power supply so it runs all the time and not just some of the time like the Ramps board makes it.

??? Hope this helps!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2014 07:14PM by vetteguy112233.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login