Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't get printer to print, now what?

Posted by erikn 
Can't get printer to print, now what?
September 11, 2014 08:12PM
I assembled my i3x from DIYTC a while ago and I've been trying to get it to print. I'm really not sure what is wrong but after uploading the firmware and sending prints to it with pronterface (which connected to it) nothing happens on the printer. I tried to use the Marlin+lcd firmware that came with the printer but it doesn't work at all. So i went down to just the plain marlin. At this point I really don't know what is wrong.
Re: Can't get printer to print, now what?
September 11, 2014 10:46PM
have you calibrated it?
September 12, 2014 07:23PM
Calibrated the software of printrun to the printer? If so I have. When i connect the printer I get this in the print run panel:
Connecting...
start
Printer is now online.
echo:Marlin: 1.0.0 RC2
echo: Last Updated: 4/18/2013 | Author: X S's Ink LLC
echo: Free Memory: 5628 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
echo:Using Default settings:
Error:[ERROR] Error:: Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
Errortongue sticking out smileyrinter halted. kill() called !!
[ERROR] Errortongue sticking out smileyrinter halted. kill() called !!

Kind of cool to see than the software connected and recognized the ramps but I dont know what all the errors are. Could they be hindering the connection? I tried just getting the bed to heat up and it didn't work at all. Not sure whats going on.
September 12, 2014 07:40PM
Make sure your temp sensor is connected correctly.
Then you will want to follow a calibration guide. This one is a good one.
[reprap.org]

I just recently got my DIYTS i3 setup and running too.
September 12, 2014 07:42PM
Is the temp sensor built I to the bed? I got one but I also read that it was built into the bed at the p2 connections. Thanks for the link.
September 12, 2014 08:16PM
There should be two temp sensors. One for the extruder and one for the bed. Both are small diodes that need to be attached to the extruder and bed. If the extruder sensor is not connected you will get the error you are getting. Im terrible at explaining how to attach things. Google or search youtube for how to attach thermistor to extruder. The DIYTS instructions that came with my kit were somewhat weak.
September 12, 2014 08:18PM
I can vouch for weak instructions. I think my extruded has the thermistor built in because there are power cables and another set of white cables that come out. As for the bed I got a tiny little diod that ill put in the middle. Many thanks
September 12, 2014 11:28PM
They aren't diodes guys, they are thermistors. Big difference between the two components.

[en.wikipedia.org]

[en.wikipedia.org]

For docs, this is good for basics...

[reprap.org]

I see the issue in this case not so much as the docs that come with the machine rather not being familiar with general concepts of DIY printers. There is a ton of information in the Wiki that is applicable to all Repraps and not only any specific kit.
September 13, 2014 01:43AM
Yes true. I meant to say look like small diodes. My bad.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login