Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Current Control and EMI

Posted by FrankNeon 
Current Control and EMI
May 21, 2010 07:29PM
I have almost completed a Mendel and after mounting and wiring a Wade's NEMA17 extruder, there seems to be lots of noise between the extruder and my Z axis driver.
The extruder stepper will pause intermittently and while its motor is running and/or the heater has a rising temp, no other motors will work. All of the activity LED's on the boards start to dim randomly. If I try to jog any axis in the RepG control panel while there is any amperage going to the extruder, either there is no response until the heat stabilizes, or the step activity LED's and other power LED's start to go nuts. I've followed Adrian's wiring tutorial as closely as I can (I have pre-assembled Makerbot GEN3 electronics) and have rewired any perpendicularities that might be inducing noise into the data connections.

I am using a 150W PicoPSU supply on the motherboard and a 12v 2.5A computer power supply. Do I need to find a larger power supply or keep trolling for noise in the data connections from the wiring?

UPDATE: Fixed with a 12V 5A supply, it seems that all of my data loss was from under powering the machine...my bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2010 08:29PM by FrankNeon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login